|Alice | Tin.it | Foto album | Disco remoto | Community|
(LEM orbiting around the moon)
THE FINAL FRONTIER...
Welcome to my homepage.
This site contains informations about satellite tracking, astronautics and model rocketry.
What you will
Links to websites containing interesting programs and informations that help you to track and observe artificial satellites orbiting around Earth.
A satellite tracking program developed by me
Introduction, pictures and links for model rocketry and HPR
Satellite tracking means to know where a satellite is around its orbital path. You can easily spot several satellites, the SPACE SHUTTLE, the MIR space station and the ISS (International Space Station) if you know where to look for.The following programs help you to find the position of every satellite orbiting around Earth.
A couple of
suggestions for beginners:
1) download and install one of the following programs
2) download the most updated orbital parameters file (you can find them in this page)
SATBUSTER program is available in english and italian language
(satellite in the cargo bay of Shuttle)
Updates from 3 june 2003
Some links corrected
Lots of programs are now available. This is just a selection of what I believe are some of the most interesting and easy to use.
Dos / Windows
(control room at a Space Agency )
ELEMENTS FOR PROGRAMS (TLE FILES) :
You can download from here the most up-to-date
elements for satellite tracking.
These are links to T.S.Kelso site at http://www.celestrak.com
To download use "Shift button" + click on link.
Another official source (choose the file tle***.txt with *** being the highest number):
TRACKING ON LINE (without downloading programs) :
RELATED WEBSITES :
(Von Braun and the Saturn V)
This is a list of some satellite and orbital mechanics related books. Some of them are reviewed. Since the subject has a lot to do with mathematics and physics some of them require a good math knowledge. Fortunately not all of them...
How to buy:
Go to Amazon www.amazon.com
It's really interesting, even for those who don't love physics and mathematics. Excellent introduction to orbital mechanics and satellites. Highly recommended!
The Geostationary Applications Satellite
Cambridge Aerospace Series
Technical book. Not suggested as a first text on the subject
Fundamentals of Astrodynamics
by Roger R. Bate, Mueller,White
Pratical book with lots of exercises. It's a little bit outdated, neverthless a good source book
Some of them are out of print
Methods of astrodynamics
by Pedro Ramon Escobal
Methods of Orbit Determination
by Pedro Ramon Escobal.
Fundamentals of Astrodynamics and Applications
by David A. Vallado
Satellite Orbits in an Atmosphere - Theory and application
by Desmond King-Hele.
Observing Earth Satellites
by Desmond King-Hele
A Tapestry of Orbits
by Desmond King-Hele
This section has some astronomical images.
Model rocketry is a kind of hobby which is not well known in our country.
An introduction to model rocketry for absolute beginners
MIR 2000: First Italian Model Rocketry Meeting
MIR 2001: Second Italian Model Rocketry Meeting
MIR 2002: Third Italian Model Rocketry Meeting
Pictures about my fleet. Some technical informations too
High Power Rockets
Modelli speciali con videocamera a bordo (riprese in volo)
related infos: Tripoli , Nar
Tips about construction
How to build a simple baffle unit
- ACME Italian model rocketry association (site1)
- Sierra Fox Hobbies Model rocketry and high power store
- Magnum Rockets Hobbies & More Inc.
- Rocket Rocket Rocketry Rocketry: (model rockets & high power), we ship word wide
- Model Rockets and Accessories by Aerotech, Estes, North Coast Rocketry and Quest
- Hobbylinc's Model Rocket Pages - Estes, Aero-Tech, LOC/precision, North Coast, Quest, Public Missiles, Custom Rockets, Rugged
- Essence's Model Rocketry Reviews
- rec.models.rockets FAQ Table of Contents
- European Model Rocketry - all about rocketry / Europaeische Modellraketen Seiten - alles ueber Modellraketen
- Estes Industries Rocket Plans
- Rocket Equations
- Shuttle Model Pictures
- AIAA -- The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Helen's Model Rocket collection
Electronic devices and altimeters
(a view of Earth from space)
WEATHER BROADCAST :
leave me a message...